1. Select the end location that you would like to upload files into in the Job Tree Library.
2. Click “Upload” or go to Options > Upload Assets
3. Select the source of the Lo Res files to be uploaded. Click “Add Files” to locate the files or folder on your computer to upload and click “Next”
4. Select the Hi Res or derivative files that you would like appended to the Lo Res files and click “Next” (NOTE: these files must all share the exact same file name)
5. You can choose to attach metadata to your upload. There are pre-made templates available for you to choose from, you also have the ability to create custom templates. Click “Next” when done entering metadata.
6. You can select Notifications that will give you the option to notify all users assigned to the job that the files have been uploaded to the system or you can manually enter in an email address. When you’re ready to upload click “Start”
globaledit has several ways to allow you to rate your files. There are many ways to interpret the use of ratings and should be clearly defined by the collaborative team.
- SELECT – Primary selection that can be made by clicking the SELECT button in the library.
- ALT – Alternate selection that can be made by clicking the ALT button in the library.
- APPROVE – Denotes that an image has been approved by a user, this can be done by clicking the APPROVE button in the library or through the use of approval galleries.
- KILL – Denotes that an image has been killed by a user, this can be done by clicking the APPROVE button in the library or through the use of approval galleries.
- Stars – You can place star ratings on assets by clicking the stars in the library. Also, assets that were uploaded with “+” at the beginning of the filename prefix will reflect on star for each “+”.
- Flags – These are personal markers that only you can see.
- Color Labels – You can give assets color labels by highlighting one or more of them and clicking “Options” and choosing the color of label.
FILTERING AND SORTING
You can filter your library to only show assets that correspond to any combination of ratings that have been applied.
By clicking the tools panel tab you can access several different functional areas.
Asset Notes – This panel will provide you with time-stamped information about when assets were loaded, who’s made ratings at what time, as well as the ability to add notes to an asset.
Lightbox Comments – Displays public comments made on your currently selected Lightbox.
Contact Sheets – Allows you to create contact sheets ready for distribution directly from the selected Lightbox.
Markup Editor – This tool allows you to markup assets using full color palette pen markups and text annotations, as well as the ability to create PDF files and share your markups.
Metadata Editor – This panel gives you access to view and edit one or multiple assets’ metadata.
Derivatives – From this panel you can viel, download and delete appended files attached to the original sourch files.
Asset Rights – Allows you to determine and change the restriction level of an asset as well as enable watermarking.
Is your port open? Some networks have ports closed. Aspera and globaledit desktop will not work if they are closed.
- Download Aspera – Aspera is a cutting edge technology that helps globaledit move large volumes of data at maximum speed, regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions for larger bulk projects requiring rapid, efficient processing. fasp™ is Aspera’s proprietary technology that leverages UDP. Aspera is up to 100x than traditional FTP.
- Download globaledit desktop – globaledit desktop automatically enables easier and faster uploading of photos and videos from your computer to your globaledit account.
Thank you for reaching out!
OUR TEAM WILL GET BACK TO YOU SHORTLY.
In the meantime, check out our blog for the latest industry news & tips for your creative production.
The globaledit team