Last updated: 08/19/2020
GlobalEdit (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.GlobalEdit.com website (“Website”), and provides various business-to-business services to clients in a wide range of industries and customer segments (“Services”). We do not direct Services to individuals. We do not collect, maintain, or transfer the personal information of individuals outside of our organization. GlobalEdit engages in the control and/or processing of personal information with respect to the employment process and related obligations.
- Personal Information (also referred to as “Personal Data”): Personal Information means data about a particular individual or household that identifies, relates to, describes, could be reasonably linked with, or could be used to identify that person or household (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). It also includes other information that may be associated with your Personal Information, such as your Usage Data (defined below), location, preferences or interests, if that information can be used to identify you or your household.
- Services: As noted above, our Services include the https://www.GlobalEdit.com website owned and operated by GlobalEdit as well as any services provided through the ordinary course of business.
- Cookies: Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors: Any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- User (also referred to as “Data Subject”): Any individual who uses our Services and is the subject of Personal Information collected and/or processed.
- How and Why We Collect and Use Information
If you are not a member of the GlobalEdit team, we do not collect or use your Personal Information.
If you are a member of the GlobalEdit team, we collect certain Personal Information during the course of employment in order to fulfill our legal obligations as an employer and to provide you the benefits of employment. That Personal Information is only used for employment purposes and only provided to third-party vendors who facilitate compensation, benefits, or other employment-related services.
- When We May Disclose Your Information
GlobalEdit does not sell your information to any third party. We will only provide your personal data if it is necessary in order to provide you with the information you have requested. We may also disclose or share your information for the following purposes:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend GlobalEdit’s rights or property.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public.
- To protect against legal liability.
- When there is a good faith belief that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to our guests, visitors, associates, or property (including the Website), or to others (including GlobalEdit itself). This may include disclosures to law enforcement to investigate potential criminal activity or other civil violations.
We share or otherwise disclose individuals’ personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers: We employ third party service providers, companies, individuals, and agents to facilitate and help us provide employment-related services to you. Such Service Providers perform tasks or functions on our behalf. These third parties are granted access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed
If you are a member of the GlobalEdit team, we may disclose employment-related information such as your name, address, date of birth, SSN, driver’s license number, compensation, and information essential for the provision of benefits.
All reasonable technical, organizational, and otherwise, measures are taken by GlobalEdit to protect Personal Information from being subject to accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, disclosure without authorization, and any other unlawful actions taken against otherwise protected information. Moreover, GlobalEdit takes all judicious legal, technical, and organizational measures to ensure that all Personal Information is handled with a sufficient level of security. Furthermore, GlobalEdit takes all reasonable measures to protect Personal Information during transfers of said information to a third party.
Despite the security measures taken, GlobalEdit cannot guarantee the protection of the data you provide us.
- Your Data Protection & Privacy Rights
California residents and resident of countries within the European Union (“EU”) / European Economic Area (“EEA”). GlobalEdit takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Information, and exercise other rights available under applicable law. GlobalEdit therefore informs you that, where applicable under relevant law, you are entitled to the following:
- Right to Access / Disclosure: The right to have access to your Personal Information upon simple request – that is, you may receive a copy of such data upon receipt of a verifiable request, along with other information related to the processing.
- Disclosure of Direct Marketers: The right to have access upon simple request, and free of charge, the categories and names of addresses of third parties that have received Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. Please see the “Your California Privacy Rights” section below for more information.
- Selling, Sharing, or Disclosing Personal Information: Upon receipt of a verifiable request, to obtain a list of:
- The categories of Personal Information collected about you, sold to third parties, or disclosed to third parties for business purposes;
- The categories of Personal Information sold within the last 12 months;
- The categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom Personal Information is shared, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information under certain circumstances. GlobalEdit does not sell Personal Information.
- Right to Correction: The right to correct your Personal Information if you find it is inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete.
- Right to Deletion / “Right to be Forgotten”: The right to obtain the deletion of your Personal Information in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law.
- Withdraw of Consent to Processing: The right to withdraw your consent to the data processing without affecting the lawfulness of processing, where your Personal Information has been collected and processed based on your consent and not any other basis.
- Right to Object: The right to object to the processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances, in which case we may ask you to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation.
- Right to Restrict Processing: The right to request limits to the processing of your data, when allowed by and in circumstances set forth under applicable law.
- Right to Data Portability: The right to have your Personal Information directly transferred by us to a third-party processor of your choice (where technically feasible; may be limited to situations when processing is based on your consent).
- Right to Non-Discrimination. As defined under relevant law, you have a right to non-discrimination in the Services or quality of Services you receive from us for exercising your rights.
Please contact us at the information in “Contact Us” Section below in relation to exercising these rights. Note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- Exercising Your CCPA Rights
As a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once a verifiable consumer request has been received and confirmed. Please note, GlobalEdit must be able to verify your information in order to process your request. For that reason, please include the email address we would be most likely to possess.
GlobalEdit seeks to be as transparent as possible in protecting and respecting your privacy rights. As such, if you choose to exercise these rights, please select the respective hyperlinks from the following fields and complete the request as instructed: Fill out form.
Please use the email address you have previously provided to us. We will contact you at the email address provided in order to verify your identity.
More Information About Your Rights as California Resident
Request Access to Specified Information
As a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, you have the right to submit a request at the designated hyperlinks included in each right listed hereto:
- You have the right to request the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year;
- You have the right to request the names and addresses of third parties that received the information; and
- You have the right, if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, to obtain examples of the products or services marketed.
Deletion Right Request
You have the right to request that any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained by us, provided certain exceptions do not apply. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies, and direct our service providers to do the same.
Please note that we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide the goods or service that your requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our business relationship, or fulfill our contractual obligations with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious activity, and prosecute those involved;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that may impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise free speech rights, or another right as guaranteed by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the requested deletion might seriously damage the chance of that research’s achievement, if informed consent was previously provided;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based upon our existing relationship;
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Please note that GlobalEdit is not required to provide or delete any of the above information to its employees, agents, or contractors.
We exercise no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party site or services.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.