The recent trend of personalization at scale has retail brands deploying this strategy across all marketing campaigns. However, the rise of personalization in marketing, as well as sales and customer service, is not without challenges. Personalization requires gleaning more private information from prospects and consumers. Digital gains of extracting key data on targets and customers must come with a clear approach on how to keep personal data secure and private.
- establishing and enforcing standards on security and privacy for creative agencies
- using best practices for data protection in their day-to-day work
- tokenizing consumer data
- ensuring consent compliance
- sanitizing data before using them in outbound communications and remarketing
- being accountable for incidents when they occur