On April 3rd, we released GLOBALedit version 3.10 and introduced support for video files. Video is rapidly changing the way we produce and consume media and we?re delighted to offer video support for our customers.
We’re only at the beginning of this new phase of content production. When video first transitioned from analog to digital in the 90s, workflows were fragile and error prone due to the complicated and expensive technology and specialists required to capture, edit, and distribute digital video content. Though digital, video content was distributed and stored on tape. Photo and video production teams worked separately and had very different skill sets and tools.
Today, video is produced and distributed by photographers, print production teams, and journalists seamlessly, without having to bounce back and forth between tapes, servers, and desktop computers. Production teams work with files rather than tapes and creative people collaborate on projects from many locations.
Adding video support to GLOBALedit was a natural step and gives users some very powerful tools to manage production. All of the review, approval, distribution, rights management, and metadata features that have grown in support of the photo workflow are just as useful for video.
In addition to video support, the latest update to GLOBALedit includes enhancements to the Approval Gallery workflow for Talent Approvals, allowing managers to enable notes and watermarking. Also updated was our implementation of Adobe’s XMP Toolkit, which adds support for many new file types, fixes previous glitches, and does a better job handling video assets.
As always, we welcome your feedback and will continue to reach out to our customers to learn more about where you want to take these new features.
Stay tuned for more as we have a lot planned for 2010.
Industrial Color Software
Listed below are highlights of the latest GLOBALedit update:
- Video support
- Approval Gallery notes
- Approval Gallery watermark
- All library trees will be organized according to account ownership
- Turn asset rights on/off per account
- GEDi hotfolder support (for GLOBALedit Desktop Integrator users)
- Xmp toolkit upgrade
- Improved image processing performance
- Performance improvement for image editor
- Enforce strong passwords
- Punctuation symbols allowed in password
- Users can now upload and ingest (pre-viewable on GLOBALedit) video files smaller than 500MB in the following supported video types: ASF, AVI, AVS, DV (DVCPRO, DVCAM, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO Progressive, DVCPRO HD), ISMV, M2V,M4V, MOD, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, TS, VOB, WMV, XESC